eastern beach fun?
Surfed with Nikita at Eastern Beach. Caught a couple of fun ones on my Blue twin fin. Ankle was feeling ok. Not Bad. Not great. But better than expected. Stoked. Felt good to ride waves again. There were also a few Dolphins cruising around at backline. As you can see from the pics the water was brown and murky. Sharky vibes, it makes me a bit nervous haha.
Here are my fav things about ‘Slummies’
1) Friesland Milkshakes. Serious. Amazing. Chocolatey/Ice Creamy/Goodness. You will not understand until you have one.
2) Nina Deli. I like to eat. I really like to eat at Nina Deli. I like everything on the menu. I like all the fresh produce. I like the chilli chocolate. I like all the deli goodies. I am a sucker for a deli, I cannot control myself.
3) Sandra Robb. Nikita’s mother is probably one of the funniest humans I have ever met. Funny. Really funny. A very funny lady. Portuguese firecracker and I adore her.
4) Nahoon Corner. One time, some time ago, like a few years back I had an amazing surf at Nahoon Corner. The waves were so good. I fell in love then. I fell in love with Nahoon Corner. I have been back here many, many times. And every time I come back, Nahoon Corner doesn’t even break. It plays with my emotions. I want it back. Just one time.
5) Numbers Nightclub. BUT ONLY on ‘Decades Night’. What a banging place. THE most fun you could ever have at a nightclub. Ever. ALL the hits from the 60′s. ALL the hits from the 70′s. ALL the hits from the 80′s. ALL the hits from the 90′s. Banging.
S.Guy + twin fin
Breakfast at Beachbreak Cafe
I also took out the GoPro and got some quick clips of Nikita. The video is REALLY bad quality, cos of the Dinocomputer I made it on – but still worth a look I guess.
Click to view
Hi there. Hello. I flew to East London last night to visit my good mate Nikita Robb. I woke up with a banging head after a big jol at Buc’s last night. Good to catch up. Dance floor madness. I may post pics. Or not.
Woke up early and drove to Port Alfred to check out the 2010 Oakley Pro Junior. Click the pic for the official event site.
Was awesome to catch up with the Oakley South Africa crew and also to see all the grommies surfing in the event. I don’t get to see the junior girls and boys surf very often and I was stoked with the standard of surfing. Good stuff. Very good stuff. The waves at the comp site looked FUNFUNFUN, 3-5ft clean and running along the sand bar. I would love to have been out there. Next time. I filmed Nikita, Alice and Bianca freesurfing at West Pier, the waves weren’t great that side of the pier BUT we got some HILARIOUS wipeout footage (Nikita never disappoints when it comes to wipeouts) and I will chuck the video up on the site soon. Also have to mention that I had a double thick large FRIESLANDS milkshake today. Stunning. Also going to have one tomorrow. And one on Sunday.
Here are some pics from the GoPro camera:
eating it with N.Robb
I found this pic on my laptop. It made me smile. I saw this wipeout in real life. One of the best. Go Nikita go. Nikita shreds. Shes on the WCT this year. This was at Ponto a few years back. Way way toooo funny. Love you Nikret.
Nikita Robb goes down
I found these pics on my laptop. They are from the first ever Mozambique Invitational – I think it was about 3 years ago. Not sure. I remember this day so clearly – 2ft blown out on the point. Boredom. Hot. Lazy. So we decided that the only way to relieve our boredom was to attempt to bodyboard the shorey in front of our accommodation. GOOD TIMES. These are some of SA’s top top top female pro surfers and I actually can’t believe how terrible/useless/reallyreallycrap we all were at Bodyboarding. The most fun ever though. I like to claim the pic of me ‘Getting Barreled’, but please do not be fooled – it was a fluke take off to half a second barrel to over-the-falls combo. GREG SWART just happened to take the pic at the right moment. KIFF.
Don't be fooled by this picture.