One or two or more pics from the Blackberry. Just some randoms that didnt really fit in anywhere in my albumns so I made them black and white and found them a home in ths post. xoxo
soccer football soccer
I went to watch Bafana Vs USA at Cape Town Stadium the other night. FLIPPING amazing!! The vibe inside and around the stadium was crazy! I missed out on tickets to see a FIFA World Cup match (Note: Do not leave things to the last minute – tickets WILL sell out) so I felt like I was sorta making up for it by going to this match! Was insane – the stadium was sold out and the vuvuzelas are 10 times louder inside there. You think they are loud on TV? You think? Shoooo my ears are still actually ringing. Bummer that SA lost 1-0 in the last 4 mins though, but all good!
T-Rex thumbs up
SA surfing champs/ Held in the DEEEEP South at St Mikes. Interesting place. Very fun times. There were some good waves during the event and some AWESOME surfing. My fav division is the Super Vets – over 60 and the ballies shred!
Margate. The very Dirrrrrty south.
Here are some pics from the event. And some pics of events from around the event. Does that make sense? click them please.
Check Check. 1.2.3/ – GO. Spent Saturday morning down at Muizenburg beach with Surfing South Africa and Palama Metsi Surfing Academy. Surfing SA has a rad development program where they help out under privileged kids by getting them off the streets and teaching them how to surf ! They love it and are hooked straight away. They need all the help they can get and if you are keen to help out or make a donation CLICK HERE or get hold of the folks at Palama Metsi. . .
Look at these pics from yesterdays surf check. Not so kiff hey? I did not surf. The banks look fun at Blouberg though, a really nice looking right and left bank. Maybe when the ocean calms down a bit there will be branders. RAD.
I am wearing 4 layers here. You can hardly tell that it's me. Mushy ocean huh?
One very brave soldier
i can almost remember the sunshine.
I can almost remember the sunshine. I can almost remember the sunshine. Last week’s sunshiny days. Or day. I think it was only one day. But it’s fine. I also like the rain. I like when Cape Town growls. I like red wine and I like dvd’s in bed.
But I especially like sunsets on the rock. Oh yessss. Check pics.
click the thumbnails to view the gallery
Cape Town is grumpy today. But still very sexy. I’m fine with this angry weather. I like it. The swell is something like 25ft at 14 seconds. Solid. Beachies are maxing out and the big wave spots were nutty today. Hi winter. T.Mentasti and I took a drive down to Blouberg beach to do a wave check- it was outta control and the wreck was getting worked properly. Shit. Hope it’s going to be ok, will be super bleak if it breaks apart and our beautiful beaches get covered in oil. Hold thumbs. That would be no fun. No fun.
Here are a few pics from this evening-
eastern beach fun?
Surfed with Nikita at Eastern Beach. Caught a couple of fun ones on my Blue twin fin. Ankle was feeling ok. Not Bad. Not great. But better than expected. Stoked. Felt good to ride waves again. There were also a few Dolphins cruising around at backline. As you can see from the pics the water was brown and murky. Sharky vibes, it makes me a bit nervous haha.
Here are my fav things about ‘Slummies’
1) Friesland Milkshakes. Serious. Amazing. Chocolatey/Ice Creamy/Goodness. You will not understand until you have one.
2) Nina Deli. I like to eat. I really like to eat at Nina Deli. I like everything on the menu. I like all the fresh produce. I like the chilli chocolate. I like all the deli goodies. I am a sucker for a deli, I cannot control myself.
3) Sandra Robb. Nikita’s mother is probably one of the funniest humans I have ever met. Funny. Really funny. A very funny lady. Portuguese firecracker and I adore her.
4) Nahoon Corner. One time, some time ago, like a few years back I had an amazing surf at Nahoon Corner. The waves were so good. I fell in love then. I fell in love with Nahoon Corner. I have been back here many, many times. And every time I come back, Nahoon Corner doesn’t even break. It plays with my emotions. I want it back. Just one time.
5) Numbers Nightclub. BUT ONLY on ‘Decades Night’. What a banging place. THE most fun you could ever have at a nightclub. Ever. ALL the hits from the 60′s. ALL the hits from the 70′s. ALL the hits from the 80′s. ALL the hits from the 90′s. Banging.
S.Guy + twin fin
Breakfast at Beachbreak Cafe
I also took out the GoPro and got some quick clips of Nikita. The video is REALLY bad quality, cos of the Dinocomputer I made it on – but still worth a look I guess.
Click to view